2.09.2012

PITCH: Sh*t On A Shingle

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think this would be a successful restaurant.
Shit On A Shingle, a low-down hillbilly lunch-counter.


The menu is but three options:
1. Last Night's Spaghetti and Meat Sauce Refried and served on Toast   2.00
2. Pork Chop slathered in Mustard Ketchup and Government Cheese   2.00
3. Hamburger and Turnip Soup   2.00

* Don't laugh.  But this would be awesome.  Imagine driving out of North Conway, down the strange, barren part of Rt. 25, (or 73 in South Thomaston, or whatever road is in Rumford), you spot a shack on the side of the road.  You pull in, figuring crappy fried clams.  There is an old woman hanging wet paper plates on a clothesline..(heh).  Three fat men in coveralls are sitting on wood blocks greedily eating, faces covered in ketchup.  You walk up to the counter, and find yourself with the option of purchasing a two dollar spaghetti sandwich.  
Holy.  Awesome.  You'd be a customer for life.  And anyone could make a hundred bucks for seven dollars worth of food.  It's times like this when I have to consider the possibility I'm a genius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't sell Government Cheese. I work hard for my money, and my tax dollars go to buy that cheese. That's what is wrong with this country, all the deadbeats working the system and wasting our hard earned dollars. Ron Paul 2012!

hny said...

By Government Cheese, I mean Gremlin Cheese. Sorry. Gremlin Cheese is like Government Cheese, but not as good. Government Cheese eaters make fun of me when they see me at the beach with my gremlin and pickle loaf sandwiches.