9.07.2011

REPLACING CHAZZ 5: Marjorie Naismith Deleon

You ever been so stressed you just forget to eat lunch?  I haven't.  But that is because lunch is my favorite guldang thing in the world!  Lunch is happiness.  I get mad at breakfast because,  "You just ain't lunch, Honey!"  I would say my love affair with lunch is because of my Grammy Elaine.  She was the best cook in the world.  No one made the kind of food my Grammy did.
Here is one of my favorite Grammy Elaine originals:
The Gremlin Sandwich!
1. First off you gonna need a can of sardines.  Preferably canned in mustard sauce!
2. Next get a can of Spam.
3. And after that get some Gremlin Cheese!
You don't know Gremlin Cheese?  It's any cheese wrapped in individual slices, any chesse in a jar, or any cheeze spelled with a "z"!
5. Don't worry about needing any old fancy chef's tools for the Grammy, all you'll need is a toaster to toast a couple slices of white bread!  Toast it on a three.
6. Now smush them sardines into the Spam like you were hiding worm pills from your dog!  Mmm-mmm!
7. Now add the Grem-Cheez!
* My Grammy worked in a canning factory during the war, and her entire life she swore by the unparalleled flavors and nutritional value of good ol'fashioned American canned product.  That and we were very poor!
* I know I just seem like an ol'fuddy with my passion for cans of meatstuffs, but we can't all be little ms. fancy-pants thinking we're so cool with our fresh produce!
* So eat your Grem-Cheez.  You'll thank me.  And next week, (fingers crossed I get this gig!  I need it!), we will go over another old time recipe: Canned Tomato on Macaroni!

0 comments: