5.30.2012

HYPE: Coming Soon

for June of 12: hype.relentless hype.


* The second section of THE GYPSY.  The Elvis screenplay, a fun sequence guest starring the Tennessee State Police and The Rolling Stones, err, Boulder Dash we're calling them.
* A game changing proposition to the site's mysterious new readership in Saudi Arabia.  This might explode us overseas, or end up with a Fatwā calling for Cousin Chazz's head.  This isn't a work, Saudia Arabia readership was higher than the US in the last three weeks, the only month a foreign country led viewership; the mystery reasons behind this will be revealed along with an offer to our Saudi friends.
* And speaking of: my Cousin Chazz is releasing actual excerpts from his eHarmony dating profile.
* The actor Ace Milton is teasing his new Hollywood tell-all; all he would tell us was one chapter is titled: The Night We Caught Christian Slater in Bed With A Ghost.
* Prose-work includes a very dark flash fiction piece tied in with the MLH scripts, as well continued BRG/TNL excerpts polished shiny.  Both debuted last June.  Anniversary words.
* IMAGES: New photos and drawings, telephone poles or power lines; pigs and dogs, the Martian Manhunter's death mask.
* Trying to put together an essay called My Conservative Streak, a theory on youthful conservative thinking, where it comes from, and the generation of libertarians.
* So tune in next month, (a day or two from now), and read everything. 
While we think blogs suck, we strive to be almost kind of what you imagine a less sucky than usual blog could be.. 
* And finally, a question.  The question is this: Is there anything you loved when you were a child that as an adult you also love, not because of your memories of loving it as a child, but despite them?  This particular thing was loved by the ten year old you, and also the (fill in age) you.  Even something as obvious as: When I was ten I loved my parents.  When I was thirty-five I loved my parents in a new way informed by everything I learned about life since I was ten.  For instance: I loved Elvis when I was a kid.  Legitimately loved Elvis songs.  And now, guess what, I love Elvis, and not because I did when I was a kid, but because of something mysterious, and more powerful -- the boy and the adult are synched in their tastes when it comes to the King.  A friend's answer was: COLOR.  Or rather: multiple colors, an array of color, like a brand new box of crayons.  Something awesome and exciting in those colors to a child, that has the same effect today to that friend, now an adult.  Tell me what the child you once were got right.  E-mail answers to hnywork@gmail.com.  I won't publish your e-mail or anything stupid, consider this you helping me with a little work I'm doing.

0 comments: