10.06.2012

ON: Let's Save Sesame Street!


+ A world without Sesame Street is not a world I want to live in.  If the unimaginable happens, and Mormon Sauron, err, 55 year old Jack Shephard, err, Mitt Romney, becomes president, we need a plan to keep Sesame Street around for many generations of children to come.
Here is my idea.  It is time to merchandise Sesame Street characters.  Perhaps if they sold something like an Elmo doll, the revenue generated could fund the budget of a television show.

Don't be so reactionary, people.
= But seriously, I love Sesame Street.  The benefit of Sesame Street every day of my childhood was phenomenal.  Learning the alphabet, learning to count, and learning that carrots are better than candy, all have made me the genius I am today; but the other asset of Sesame Street, (and completely embedded in the design), is a heady leftist agenda, an agenda as purely motivated, (and more importantly) as successful as any delivery system of those beliefs in the last forty years.  Let me remind you that I am a man who vociferously hates commies!  But Sesame Street, this is proper indoctrination, brother.  I don't mind it.
+While Sesame Street has changed some with the times, the Sesame Street of my childhood was, I believe, not far off from it's original intent, a utopian lower east side New York City neighborhood in 1969 replete with black, latino, and white people working in harmony alongside puppets that may or may not be  --

Confirmed Bachelors
Drug Addicts
Avante Garde Street Artists
As a boy from a rural upbringing, from a state that was 99% white, Roscoe Orman playing Gordon Robinson was the first black person I knew, and to this day, he, the rest of the original cast, and those who designed Sesame Street, deserve our esteem; before the overly political Benettoning of television in the 80's and 90's, (and today) where every white main character had their signature black friend, Sesame Street was a beautifully mixed cast; these were not token black and brown folk -- Sesame Street was legitimate.  Sesame Street made me not a racist.  Also not bigoted towards monsters.

0 comments: