10.02.2012

CHAZZ: In Defense of Naming Your Dog Damien


Here's some unsolicited advice to my cousin: Yes naming your rottweiler puppy Damien is a bit on the nose.




Damien Thorn is the name of the evil little antichrist from 1976 movie The Omen.











And yes, said antichrist has a unique relationship with Rottweilers..

But not only is that not a good reason to name your dog Damien, it's a horrible reason.
A good reason might be because you are a fan of british actor Damian Lewis.


For his award winning performace in Homeland perhaps..



Or as Dick Winters in Band of Brothers..




Or my personal favorite, his legendary performance in Stephen King's Dreamcatcher, the finest movie about shit weasels ever made.. 


Powerful stuff.

But really it isn't Damian Lewis or Damien Thorn that I would honor with the naming of my dog after.  
No I'd do it for man's other best friend:
Boom.  DDT.
Or name the dog, Stiles -- Chazz out.

0 comments: